The Institute of Jewish Studies at the University of Bern invites applications for an open position at the level of Doctoral candidate beginning on August 1, 2017 or later. This is a four year (non renewable), full time position.
- PhD project in Jewish Studies on a topic in ancient Judaism
- Teaching (1-2 classes per year)
- Research assistance, e.g. projects, organization of conferences, preparation of publications
- Completed Master’s degree in Jewish Studies, Theology, Classics, History or other field related to Jewish Studies.
- Excellent knowledge of Hebrew and/or Greek
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Motivation and the ability to work in a team
- Computer literacy
- A stimulating research environment
- Academic support and development
- Individual work space including personal computer
- Salary according to cantonal guidelines for university academic staff
The successful candidate will enroll as a doctoral student in Jewish Studies at the University of Bern.
Please submit application with cover letter and Curriculum Vitae no later than May 15, 2017 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Bern is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.