A wonderful opportunity has arisen for the post of Librarian at Leo Baeck College to start in September 2017. This position is a unique chance for the right person to participate in the exciting developments planned for our exceptional library.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A qualification in library sciences or experience of working in an academic library. If no formal librarianship qualification is held, a willingness to undertake a library sciences award over the first two years of employment
- Basic knowledge of Jewish Studies as an academic discipline
- English and Hebrew language skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills overall and also particularly in relation to library management
- Experience of working in a team but also ability to work on own initiative
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
Post: Between 0.8 and full-time.
Possible teaching opportunities for suitably qualified candidates.
Job shares will also be considered.
Statutory and Jewish holidays with early closing on Friday.
Completed applications, including a full CV and names of referees, should be sent to: Rhona Lesner, Leo Baeck College, the Sternberg Centre for Judaism, 80 East End Road, London N3 2SY
The Search Committee will begin to review applications after the closing date of Wednesday 26 April.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 2 May 2017.
Leo Baeck College offers training for rabbis and educators for the Progressive Jewish world in the UK and Europe. Its degree courses are validated by Middlesex University. The College Library has holdings in excess of 60,000 titles, including a significant collection of rare books and archival materials.